Are you forced to deal with?
- Leased circuits that suffer in performance (latency and reliability)?
- Leased circuits reaching retirement age / obsolescence?
- Private infrastructure that’s ready for upgrade?
- Multiple legacy special purpose networks (including leased or private)?
Could you benefit from converging multiple services on to the same network?
We’ve seen the industry trends and market forces over the course of the last decade causing obsolescence of legacy TDM infrastructure, the sunset of utility grade leased services, and the birth of multiple special purpose networks. We want to help you navigate the migration process to a network solution that best meets your unique requirements. Mark Weismantel and Lee Felter are industry experts and they lead Ulteig’s Utility Telecom service that focuses on power delivery. The Utility Telecom service specializes in privatizing transport/access telecom infrastructure, migrating legacy TDM to packet using modern carrier grade equipment, hybrid TDM/packet networks and transporting critical operations traffic on packet networks. The specialized Utility Telecom offering can handle the issues you will encounter when you rely on public carriers, or have private legacy TDM infrastructure.
Our utility telecom offering is full service; we can execute a project from engineering to field implementation, including engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and testing. We also offer lab facilities to integrate and pre-test your system prior to field implementation, saving costly field hours. The Utility Telecom service offering includes:
- Program and Project Management
- Systems/Network Engineering
- RF Studies, Comm Towers/Masts, Antenna and Hardware Attachment
- Optical Cabling Systems
- Communications Site Layout/Buildings/Enclosures
- Grounding Studies & Design/Auxiliary Systems
- Network Management Systems
- Schematics (to piece it all together)
- System Integration
- Field Installation Support
We have expertise in the following technology areas:
In addition to the telecom areas of expertise above, we also provide substation control and automation application support including IEC-61850, SCADA systems, and HMIs.
We want to know about your burning issues. Are you attending UTC? Please stop by to meet Mark and Lee at UTC Region 5 in Winnipeg at booth #09.
We Listen. We Solve.